The Emmanuel House
Community Meals Program
Hungry? The Emmanuel House kitchen is open 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Our cooks prepare FREE nutritious meals for anybody that comes by, regardless of age.
|12:15 pm to 1:00 pm*||5:15 pm to 6 pm|
Need Shelter? A Transitional Housing program is available for men who qualify and can pay a program fee. For more information, please visit or call, and we will be delighted to help you.
Free overnight emergency shelter for the homeless is not available at this time.
Homeless men that have a strong desire to see their lives rebuilt by attaining full-time employment can become job search volunteers. Volunteers keep the Emmanuel House clean and organized every day to make sure the facilities are able to serve the public adequately.
Some of the duties performed:
- Serving meals
- Operating dishwasher
- House laundry
- Sweep & mop floors
- Sweep outside
- Taking out garbage
- Keep adjacent neighborhood free of garbage
- Actively seek employment two days per week
- Meet with counseling staff once per month
- Attend Bible Study/NA meetings every week
- May stay at Emmanuel House for 6 months
- Free locker to store possessions
- Graduates who find full-time employment may move into transitional housing program.
Motive Man Program
The Motive man Program is a short term, transitional residency program of up to two years in length for men who are able to earn a sufficient income. Men that reside in the program are able to come and go as they please within limits, i.e., we will make allowances for who need to work a graveyard shift, etc.
- Maintain active sobriety and follow house rules.
- Have a desire to develop an independent life.
- Pay $100 per week starting at time of intake. $20 of the fee is set aside into a personal savings account designed to help men make the move out into a room or appartment succesfully.
- Free time in the TV room
- Backyard smoking area
- Weight lifting area
- Bible Study Thursday at 6:30PM
- N/A meeting Tuesday at 8PM
The Emmanuel House
A Salvation Army Program
Located at 405 N. 4th Street, San Jose, CA 95112. Find us on the Map